A Guide to Shopping at Harris Teeter
The first thing to keep in mind while shopping at Harris Teeter is that prices vary from store to store, especially in metropolitan areas. The prices I use to do my match ups are from the Hickory, NC area. I post the coupon match up list on Tuesday evenings or Wednesday mornings.
To get the sale prices and double coupons, you must sign up for a VIC card. You can do that online or in any store. While you are signing up for that card, you will want to become an eVIC customer too. EVic customers get the ad online, and they receive special offers each week that you cannot get anywhere else. As an eVic customer you can also add eVic electronic coupons to your card when you sign up.
Harris Teeter accepts manufacturer’s coupons, winetags, catalina coupons, internet printables, blinkie coupons, as well as competitors coupons for an amount off of a certain purchase (like $5 off $50 purchase).
Harris Teeter will double any coupon that allows doubling up to $.99 every day. Harris Teeter occasionally has unannounced special coupon events. In that case, I try to get a list for you early. During Super Doubles, they will double up to $1.98 coupon, and during triples, they will triple coupons up to $.99.
In other words:
a $.75 coupon will double to $1.50 any day
a $1.25 coupon will double to $2.50 during Super Doubles
a $.75 coupon will triple up to $2.25 during Triple Coupons
My store will not double or triple coupons that state Do Not Double (DND) but some stores will, so be careful and plan ahead. I try to indicate the coupons I know say DND, but I may miss some.
Remember when shopping:
- Only 20 doubled or tripled coupons per day per customer. Any coupons after the first 20 will be taken at face value.
- Two coupons are allowed on BOGO items, although some stores/cashiers still follow the old rule about only one coupon per BOGO .
- BOGO items ring up half price, so you don’t have to buy two.
- Harris Teeter will double up to three identical items with manufacturer coupon; additional coupons for like items will be honored at face value.
- No internet printable coupons for “FREE” items or BOGO items. They will not accept internet coupons that do not appear to be originals or that won’t scan.
- Limit of 2 Internet Printable coupons per item, per store visit, per day.
- eVIC coupons can be accepted along with paper coupons, however will not be doubled.
- They will accept local competitors’ manufacturer coupons. (Like manufacturer coupons that say Target, Walmart, or Food Lion).