One thing I talk about in my Savings Nation classes is having some 10 minute meals in mind for nights when things get crazy!
These ideas for meals can help ward off the temptation to eat out too much when you are tired, have a lot going on, or are just feeling lazy!
Easy and Quick Dinner Ideas
1. Eat breakfast for dinner. Breakfast is fast to make, because we have to get to work or school. A bowl of cereal, some fruit, and milk can be a super quick dinner meal too!
2. Make two meals in one. I do this one a lot. Like sometimes I make a whole chicken, and use it for 2 meals. Other examples would be freezing an extra meatloaf or making chef salads and subs in the same week. The second meal is always easy to throw together!
3. Keep a frozen meal your family likes. Maybe it is frozen pizza or one of the frozen skillet meals, but it is always nice to have a hot meal in less than 20 minutes.
4. Don’t forget your leftovers. Having a leftover night once a week can save you time, and it can help your family waste less too. Just make sure nothing has been kept too long!
5. Soup and sandwiches. My favorite soup is cream of tomato soup (and I can’t eat it right now), and it goes perfect with a grilled cheese sandwich. Keep your family’s favorite soup on hand and add an easy sandwich for a quick meal.
Do you have a Thrifty idea? Did you save a ton of money this week? Do you have a Thrifty deal you want to share? If so, please leave a comment or your link below!