Not all produce is created equal and not all farmer’s markets are created equal either. I encourage you to look around and find the one in your area with the best produce, prices, and selection.
Why visit the farmer’s markets?
- You are supporting the local community and farmers.
- You can get produce fresh from the farm.
- You get a great selection of fresh produce.
- Many offer organic offerings: ask or check the signs.
- At the end of the day, sometimes you can get a bargain. (Ask!)
- Produce is often as cheap as your grocery store and tax is usually included in pricing.
- You can often find eggs, beef, pork and other local items from farmers too!
Want to read more about Saving On Real Food? Check out my other posts in this series.