Even without having kids, implementing a weekly date night is simply the best thing that hubby and I have done for our marriage this year. It just happens to be Thursday Nights too! The only problem? Date night can be costly (especially for those of you who need a babysitter). Today I am sharing 5 cheap or free ideas for a date night. Try one soon!!
- Eat in. For this one to go as planned, you have to have some willpower. First, I suggest you prepare and clean up dinner together. No T.V. No computer. No email. If you have kids, feed them at the regular time and eat with your spouse after they have gone to bed. There is nothing better than sitting down and talking over a good meal.
- Hit up the Daily Deal sites. You can get dinner, entertainment, and all kinds of adventures for around 50% off. Just make sure the 50% you pay for is in your budget, and always read the fine print!! Hubby and I went to the Symphony together this year for half off. We still spent quite a bit, but we were able to afford something that we might not have otherwise done!
- Visit your Library or Red Box for a cheap movie. Make popcorn or another salty snack. Snuggle on the couch. Light some candles or a fire, and enjoy the movie. You spend a lot less than the theater, plus you don’t have to deal with all the other people. (Privacy is nice sometimes.)
- Watch for free community events. This fall, our local theater played Charlie Brown on the big screen for just a donation of canned goods. Keep your eye on the local city or county websites: they will often alert you to these events. Festivals, screenings, fairs, and events are often fairly cheap or free (especially if you don’t eat or drink!).
- Ask for gift cards. If you love to eat at a certain restaurant or go bowling on dates, ask for gift cards for Christmas and birthdays. We did that this year, and it paid for more than a month’s worth of date nights. Many times people want to buy you a gift, but they have a hard time picking one out. Make it easy for them when they ask you….have 3 or 4 places that you love ready to tell them. How is that for cheap or free?
Do you have a favorite free or cheap date idea?
Do you have a Thrifty idea? Did you save a ton of money this week? Do you have a Thrifty deal you want to share? If so, please leave a comment or link up below!