There are several ways to get multiple copies of each week’s coupon inserts. When you are in stockpiling mode, I recommend one set of inserts per family member. When you are maintaining a stockpile, you may not need so many. I get 2 sets per week.
- Buy multiple copies of the Sunday paper or have them delivered. Some papers are available at the Dollar Store or some areas offer discounted newspaper subscriptions.
- Get your non-couponing family to save you inserts. This is an easy one, and many family members are willing to help out! Just be careful, when they see all your free stash, they might keep the coupons for themselves!
- Get your co-workers to help out. The casual coupon clippers are the best to ask. They clip a few coupons, but don’t clip them all. Many are happy to give you the rest! Some businesses have a subscription to the paper, and you might be able to pick up some inserts there.
- Order whole inserts from a coupon clipper. I use Coupon Beat, but there are several others out there too.
- Keep your eyes peeled at restaurants and coffee shops. Many people leave their whole Sunday paper for others to enjoy. Make sure it is not property of the restaurant before taking the coupons out!
- Check out the library. Many libraries have newspaper subscriptions. You could ask the librarian to save them for you. Some libraries also have take a coupon, leave a coupon boxes.
- Ok….this one is a little extreme, but still reasonable. Check out recycle bins and centers, also known as Dumpster Diving. I know one very kind lady in our area that gets her inserts this way. I am truly not brave enough for this. (I would also ask permission here, because you don’t want in trouble for stealing!) I figure, if you ask and it is being thrown out, it is fair game.
Do you have a Thrifty idea? Did you save a ton of money this week? Do you have a Thrifty deal you want to share? If so, please leave a comment or link up below!