Here are my guidelines for using more than one or two coupons in a store:
- If there is a person behind me with very few items, I ask them to go before me.
- I try to go to the more experienced cashiers, so that my coupons don’t hold up the line.
- I try to go shopping at non-peak hours, so the store isn’t terribly busy.
- If I need to do more than one transaction, I always ask ahead of time and allow others in line to go before me, when possible. (In other words, I go to the back of the line for my 2nd transaction.)
- I try to follow all store coupon policies, so that I don’t hold up the line.
- I will speak up if the cashier misuses, doesn’t scan, or enters a coupon incorrectly.
- I will speak up if my cashier tells me something that is not in their coupon policy.
- I will go to customer service if there is a problem on my receipt.
What are some things you do when you plan to use a lot of coupons?
I disclose : There may be affiliate links in this post.