I have been surprised at the number of blog giveaways I have been able to win in the last year. But to win, you have to enter, which can be confusing and time consuming. I have had several readers who mentioned they didn’t know how to enter. Today, I am bringing you my best tips to win a blog giveaway.
- Read the giveaway post completely. Very often one of the ways of entering comes from the information or links on the post.
- Follow the directions for entry. It is frustrating as a blogger to have someone try to enter a giveaway in a way that isn’t specified. You won’t be chosen if that happens. I usually delete the comments that don’t follow the guidelines, and I know others do too. For example, if I ask a question about the product as my only method of entering, I would delete a comment that says, “I am a follower.”
- Enter on the actual blog by commenting (if that is what is asked for or implied). Most bloggers use a random number generator to select a winner. It is hard to fairly select a winner if there are entries on the blog, Facebook, email, twitter, etc. Not to mention that Facebook doesn’t allow contests or giveaways without their permission.
- Take advantage of extra entries. If a blogger offers extra entries, I usually try to take advantage of at least one. Each entry increases your chances. These extra entries are usually done in separate comments.
- Look for low entry giveaways. My last two giveaways had less than 40 entries. My current one already has over 70. You see the point. You are more likely to win, if the entries are lower.
- Enter giveaways that you might not want, but could make a good gift. I will be honest here. I have won more giveaways for gifts than for myself, but that is OK. It still helps my alleviate my budget.
- Make sure you leave contact information. I really like to give the giveaway winner the prize. But if I cannot contact them, I usually have to redraw a new winner. Leave your email in your profile or leave it in the comments with spaces between the words (so you don’t get any spam).
Now, try your new found skills out by entering this $30 Gift Code Giveaway! Click that link to go to the giveaway post. Scroll to the bottom to comment. I hope you win!
Do you have a Thrifty idea? Did you save a ton of money this week? Do you have a Thrifty deal you want to share?
If so, please leave a comment or link up below!
Please leave a link back to Coupon Teacher so that we can all share ideas.